Home  SiteMap     Feedback    Contact Us

Q. I need an A.P.L. ration card. Can I be issued one ?

A. Any person permanently residing or intending so to do in Chandigarh who desires to have a Ration Card (RC) can be issued one if he, or some other person on his behalf, is not already in possession of such a card, or if name of any member of his family is not included in another Ration Card. A Surrender / Deletion Certificate is required to be submitted along with the form for the purpose.

Q. Can a person who is residing with me and whose particulars are recorded in the RC issued to me be issued a separate RC on the same dwelling unit?

A. Household means a family unit living together in one building or portion of the building held in possession of any member of the family as resident and maintaining a common kitchen and includes person so living together, whether or not dependent on the holder of the RC. Accordingly, a person living with you can get a separate ration card only if he establishes that he has a separate kitchen and furnishes an affidavit to that effect along with the form duly complete in all respects.

Q. I am visiting Chandigarh but don’t intend to stay here for long. Can I get a ration card?

A. A Ration Card is available for lawful use only for the person or persons who reside, or intend to reside, permanently in Chandigarh. A person can be deemed to be permanently residing in Chandigarh for the purpose of issue of supplies from public distribution system if he is ordinarily living in Chandigarh and is not absent there from for a period exceeding one month at a time.

 Q. I belong to armed forces and get ration from canteen. Can I be issued a household consumer card?

A. If a person is receiving specified articles for himself or members of his family from any Naval/Military/Airforce Authority, he will not be issued a Ration Card. However, if such service personnel are not drawing specified articles from Naval/Military/Airforce authority, they can get a Certificate to this effect from their unit stating that they are not drawing any commodities from there and can thus become entitled to obtain Household Ration Card.

Q. Can a consumer card be issued to my servant who is residing with us?

A. You may apply for inclusion of your servant’s name in your Ration card, provided he submits a Surrender / Deletion Certificate along with his Ration Card form.

Q. Though I am a user of LPG, my servant and driver included in the household consumer card cook separately using kerosene oil. Can a blue card be issued to me ?

A. No, a blue card cannot be issued to you. However, your servant and driver can be issued a separate HCC, and thereafter, a Blue Card.

Q. Do I have to make different household consumer cards for different commodities ?

Ans. For all specified articles sold through public distribution system (PDS), except kerosene oil, only one consumer card is required. For kerosene oil, one has to obtain an additional card commonly called Blue card. Blue card is issued to only such persons as have a HCC and do not use LPG.

Q. What to do in case I do not know any gazetted officer or other competent authority for getting my Ration card form attested?

A. You can get it attested by Notary or Magistrate.

Q. Can I get a Ration Card if I am staying in a rented accommodation?

A. Yes, you can get your Ration Card made provided you reside there and satisfy other requirements as per the procedure.

Q. What to do in case I do not have any evidence of surrender of my previous consumer card ?

Ans. Surrender/Deletion Certificate is an essential requirement for obtaining a ration card. A Ration Card can be issued only if the required Certificate is submitted for the purpose as per the procedure.

 Q. How do I know the rates fixed by the government for different articles being sold at the FPS/Mobile Vans?

A. Prices of all articles sold through FPS and Mobile Vans as fixed by the government are displayed at the notice board of the shops/Mobile Vans.

Q. Can I draw specified articles from the FPS in respect of a member of family included in the Ration Card who has been away for some time ?

A. Ration Card is available for lawful use for the persons included therein who are actually residing at the given address at the time of drawing supplies. In case of absence from the household for a period exceeding one month of any person included in the household consumer card, the holder of the HCC shall give prompt intimation to the FSO of the Circle in which he is residing and shall present his household consumer card for deletion of name of such person in case he is likely to be away for quite some time.

WheatHigh Yielding Common Variety220
BajraFine Avg Quality160
MaizeFine Avg Quality150
RagiFine Avg Quality610
AttaWhole Meal Fine Avg Quality210
Suji 200
Maida 260
ArharSplit(Without Husk)1450
MoongSplit Washed1000
MasurSplit Washed850
UradSplit Washed1250
Besanof Gram Dal1000
Groundnut OilTin1220
Gingerly OilLoose 640
Mustard OilLoose 1000
Coconut OilLoose1600
VanaspatiLoose 720
VanaspatiDalda/Rath 1 Ltr Pouch680
MeatPoultry Chicken1800
Eggs(Hen) per tray of 30Farm1300
MilkCow/Buffalo(fresh Milk)380
Desi GheeLoose 3800
SaltLoose (Common)170
SaltPacket (Iodized)200
Red ChilliesPowdered,Agmark3000
Black PepperWhole4000
PatatoFine Avg Quality100
OnionFine Avg Quality180
TomatoesFine Avg Quality280
BrinjalsFine Avg Quality200
AppleDelicious Medium Size700
CoconutFresh(Per Piece)150
Sugar 320
Gurlocal Variety350
TeaCTC (Loose)2250
TeaTata Tea3200
CoffeePowdered (100G)3000
CoffeeInstant NesCafe(500Gm)900

                      Rates as on 24-Oct-2017   Item                        Description            Rate  Range
Discaimer Site Developed & Maintained by National Informatics Centre, UT, Chandigarh Privacy Policy

Home  ::  Ration Card  ::  RTI  ::   Consumer Affairs  ::   Site Map  ::  Feedback  ::  Contact us